Meaning: A word used to describe an experienced, revered, respected or talented person
By Shamardal - Magic Tree (Timber County)
Height 16.1½hh (1.67m)
Stud Fee for 2018 £7,000 slf (1st January SLF. Euro fee on application)
Standing at Nunnery Stud LIMITED BOOK
As a son of SHAMARDAL, Shadwell’s MUKHADRAM has immediate appeal to breeders.
SHAMARDAL is responsible for 109 stakes winners, 18 of which have scored at the highest level. Add to that, MUKHADRAM is his highest rated son to stand at stud in Europe; is a Gr.1 winner and sports a stud fee well under £10,000, you can see why he is a popular choice for breeders.
MUKHADRAM showed his class at an early stage, being a 190,000gns purchase from the 2009 Tattersalls December Foal Sales. His race winnings total just shy of £2 million and he has shown himself to be one of the most consistent top level performers over 10f in recent years.
In 2013 he won both the Gr.3 Brigadier Gerard Stakes and the Gr.2 York Stakes as well as finishing second in the Prince of Wales’s Stakes (Gr.1) at Royal Ascot, beaten just a neck by multiple Gr.1 winner AL KAZEEM. His trademark tenacity and willingness to put 110% in to his races prompted his trainer William Haggas to comment after the race: “The horse has run his guts out and the trainer’s lost his voice! He ran a fantastic race. We’ve always loved him.” (www.racingpost.com)
Early in 2014, MUKHADRAM lined up against a field of 15 others to contest the Gr.1 Dubai World Cup at Meydan; he showcased his power and determination yet again with a stunning run, on this occasion beating 8 international Gr.1 winners. On 5th July 2014 MUKHADRAM lived up to his name when he forced an emphatic 2 length win over his 8 rivals in the Gr.1 Coral-Eclipse. He beat 6 Gr.1 winners that day: THE FUGUE, KINGSTON HILL, WAR COMMAND, NIGHT OF THUNDER, TRADING LEATHER and VERRAZANO.
During his racing career, this handsome son of SHAMARDAL has beaten a total of 49 stakes winners including 24 individual Gr.1 winners and Classic winners KINGSTON HILL and NIGHT OF THUNDER. His run in the 2014 Irish Champions Stakes provided the added satisfaction of beating his old foe AL KAZEEM!
MUKHADRAM'S first crop of foals were extremely well received at the 2016 Tattersalls December Foal Sale. Following the first day of trade at Tattersalls, first crop sire MUKHADRAM was the leading sire (by aggregate). At the end of 4 days of selling, MUKHADRAM was only one of 3 first crop sires in the top 10 leading sires, with an average of 31,208 Guineas from just a £7,000 stud fee. The top price for a MUKHADRAM colt was 120,000 gns.
MUKHADRAM was named as one of the next 'boom sires' in the Thoroughbred Daily News, following an analysis on first crop foal sales. Read the full story: http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/who-is-the-next-boom-sire/
MUKHADRAM'S first two-year-olds hit the track this year.
- Mukhadram off the mark
- MUHAARAR and MUKHADRAM on show at Beech House Stud
- MUHAARAR to stand at unchanged fee of £30,000 in 2018
- MUKHADRAM yearlings well received at Doncaster
- Mukhadram well respresented at Tattersalls
- MUKHADRAM well represented at Goffs UK Premier Yearling Sale
- MUKHADRAM half-sister to BECKFORD to be offered at Goffs UK Premier Sale
- New faces but focus on excellence remains for Shadwell in 2017
- MUKHADRAM named as 'next boom sire' following first crop foal sales analysis
- First Crop of foals by Gr.1 winning sire MUKHADRAM shine at Tattersalls
- Shadwell 2017 Nomimation Fees Released
- MUKHADRAM: first mares scanned in foal
- Mukhadram book closed to further applications
- Mukhadram Stud Fee Announced
- Mukhadram Joins Shadwell Roster